- What issues stand out from the selected interviews from the report of the royal commission?
- What impression did you get about the nature of work in nineteenth-century Ontario from this document?
- What was missing from the selections you read? What did you want to know more about?
- Why did some interviewees wish to remain anonymous in the report of the royal commission?
- In what ways did the commissioners questions influence the responses in the document? How else might the format of a royal commission hearing influence the answers workers gave?
- In what ways did interviewees describe the work of men and women?
- How did the few women interviewees respond differently than the men?
- What seems most significant from the word cloud of the report of the royal commission?
Working in the Nineteenth Century