- Studying the maps (documents 1-3) what are the similarities and difference between French spatial practices in the Loudunais, Quebec, and Port Royal (Annapolis Royal)?
- To what extent do you think Kalm’s observations about the St. Lawrence Valley would have applied in France and Acadia?
- How unique were Acadian agricultural practices of building dykes to reclaim salt marshes?
- In what ways did French settlements in the St. Lawrence Valley or Acadia affect the original population on whose homelands these foreign communities were built? Do you think these relationships would have been similar or different?
- Did French settlers and colonial administrators replicate the world from which they came in Acadia or Canada?
Settling a New France