- In what ways does Peace situate his argument historiographically? What does this argument suggest about how we consider early Canadian history?
- Describe Bromley’s understanding of the student experience at Sussex Vale. In what ways does it seem similar or different than that at Six Nations?
- In reading these accounts, how different are they from those you read in chapter five about colonialism and Christianity?
- Belshaw argues that we need to consider childhood as historically constructed. In what ways do these sources resonate with his chapter?
- None of these readings take the child’s perspective into consideration. In what ways might each historical context discussed in this module be different, if written from the perspective of the children involved?
First Peoples and Schooling