- How does Waldron define environmental racism? Why does she say that environmental racism is not well understood in Canada?
- Why is environmental racism connected to settler colonialism in Canadian history?
- In what ways do the experiences of the families of Africville reflect some of Waldron’s arguments about environmental racism?
- What are some examples of inequitable exposures to environmental harms and lack of access to environmental services/amenities in the case of the history of Africville?
- In the 1960s, how did the mayor of Halifax justify the relocation of the residents of Africville?
- How can history help us to understand environmental racism in Canada?